Why are new home inspections necessary when buying property
A newly constructed home doesn’t mean that it is perfect. In fact, there could be a number of potential problems that are hidden from the untrained eye. That’s why it’s so important to have new home building inspections carried out before moving in. A professional house inspector in Sydney will have the experience and expertise to identify any potential issues with the property.
A qualified building inspector will check for things like structural integrity, dampness, electrical safety, asbestos inspections and more. This way you can be sure that your home is safe from potential safety hazards such as electrical or gasfitting issues. The inspector can identify areas with potential termite infestation so you can address these problems before they become bigger and more expensive to fix.
New homeowners can negotiate with their builders to have these issues fixed and included in the contract price prior to settlement in a report. This can save you a lot of money and stress down the road. You can have peace of mind knowing that your new home has been thoroughly inspected and is safe for you and your family to live in.
If you’re in the Sydney pre-purchase process, the following are some reasons why you should invest in a new home building inspection:
1. Effective engineering recommendations
2. Identify areas that attract termite and pest infestation
3. Prevent hazards, damages, further financial costs
What our new home building inspections Sydney report covers
Effective Building & Consultancy provides new home building inspections for clients in greater Sydney and surrounding areas. Our new home building inspection Sydney services are conducted by experienced, licensed and insured building inspectors who will provide you a detailed report on your property condition. Our extensive knowledge of Australian building codes and regulations allows us to identify any areas of non-compliance and make recommendations for rectification.
We understand that buying a new home is a significant investment, so we want to provide our customers with a detailed building inspection report that is easy to understand. As independent property inspectors, Effective Building & Consultancy will also provide you with photographs of any defects or damage that we find. This will make it easier to provide your builder with instructions on how to rectify the problem.
With our new home building inspection reports, here’s what you can expect:
1. Images of defects needing attention
2. Description of the defects and their probable impact
3. Summary to emphasise the most important issues
4. An HTML and/or PDF version
Choose building inspectors Sydney new homeowners rely on
Effective Building & Consultancy provides reliable and comprehensive new home building inspection services. With over 20 years of experience in this industry, we know what to look for when it comes to new home building defects. Our structural engineering expertise guarantees that we don’t miss anything. We understand that a new home can be a big investment – whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or an experienced property manager – so our goal is to help you make an informed decision.
We will perform a thorough inspection of your new home from the roof all the way down to the foundation. We will check for any structural defects, water leaks, electrical faults, and more. Based on the findings of the detailed report, you can decide whether to proceed with the purchase or not. You can also use our findings to negotiate with the builder for repairs or a lower price.
If you choose Effective Building & Consulting for your pre-purchase building inspection in Sydney, we guarantee:
1. We create easy, comprehensive reports in 48 hours
2. Structural engineer inspection for houses
3. Detailed reporting and visual proof of defects
4. Cost analysis and recommendations for repairs
The benefits of using new home building inspections
Our property inspections in Sydney offer a wide range of long-term benefits:
- To ensure that the property is structurally sound and does not have any major defects. You won’t want to purchase a new home that does not have structural integrity as it will place your family at risk and could lead to costly repairs down the line.
- To identify any minor defects that may need to be repaired. During the pre-purchase process, you can negotiate with the builder to rectify the defects or use the information to lower the price of the property.
- To get an expert opinion on the condition of the property. As much as home buyers try to educate themselves on every aspect of the home buying process, a professional engineer or home inspector will likely have more experience and knowledge when it comes to building inspections.
- To help you make an informed decision about whether to purchase the property or not. Based on the findings of your new home building inspection report and your communication with the builder, you can make a final decision on whether to move forward with the settlement or to fall back.
- To gain confidence in the property you are purchasing. If you decide to go ahead with the purchase, you will have peace of mind knowing that the property value hasn’t changed since the time you signed your contract of sale and is true to the offer made by the vendor.
Overall, a new home building inspection is an important step in the process of purchasing a new home. The benefits far outweigh the cost, especially if it identifies major structural issues in your home that could lead to costly repairs down the road. Worse, it will expose you and your family to dangerous hazards or situations. Avoid these problems by getting a new home building inspection with Effective Building & Consultancy today!