What is an Expert Witness Report
NCAT Compliant Independent Expert Witness Reports
Our building consultants inspect relevant works in reference to Building Code of Australia and acceptable tolerances. We create special purpose building reports that are customised to suit our clients’ individual requirements. They are made in compliance with the New South Wales Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) and NSW courts system requirements.
We provide a detailed Scott Schedule, cost workings estimates as well as visual records to corroborate defects. When you need an unbiased, professional opinion of any procedural directions, our building expert witness report allows you a level of detail specifically suited for your intended purpose. Work with Effective Building & Consultancy today. We deliver quality, cost-effective reports to assist with dispute resolution. We have experience representing the owner, owner’s corporation or contractor, and always aim for equitable and fair outcomes.
What Our Comprehensive Expert Witness Reports Cover
These are some main elements our Building Expert Witness Reports/NCAT Home Building Reports are expected to cover:
- Building Defect Issues (Building Inspection Special Investigation Report) — poor or defective workmanship and/or incomplete works
- Scott Schedules — which itemise the defect items and areas of non-compliance with the National Construction Code of Australia, Australian Standards and published acceptable standards and tolerances
- Our opinion on the cause, scope of remedial works and photos corroborating the defect items
- When applicable, our expert reports will detail the works required to rectify the issues alongside an estimate of the cost to repair the underlying building elements
- NCAT Professional Witness declaration
Talk to Effective Building & Consultancy today to get your relevant documents prepared. We always prepare reports in compliance to relevant Australian Standards. We can give you an impartial expert opinion and determine remedial works where applicable for your building litigation support.
Why You Need An Expert Report From An Independent Witness
Whether you are a builder, tenant or an owner in a dispute, you’ll need a Building Expert Witness Report if you intend on making a claim in the court or tribunal for litigation.
Effective Building & Consultancy provides Expert Witness Reports/NCAT Building Reports as part of your litigation support for building disputes before the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal members and the Courts. We fully abide by the NCAT Chairman’s Directions Expert Witness Code of Conduct. Furthermore, we also have experience in council meetings and giving advice in relation to our reports.
Legally Enforceable Building Expert Witness Reports
Your Litigation NCAT Building Reports are completed by an expert building consultant with home building related expertise. Our qualified building inspector will assess the condition of the works in dispute. We will report any defects in reference to the National Construction Code, and the Guide to Standards and Tolerances.
Following our building inspection and investigation, we record our observations and findings in the Special Purpose Building Report. Together with photographs and visual records of the defects, we will provide our recommendation regarding suitable, cost-effective repairs.
We examine conditions and compliance, perform tests for rectification and remedial works in a measurable way. For example, we carry out exploratory works and invasive testing for water ingress issues. This is so that we can precisely outline responsibilities in relation to the building work in dispute and provide a legally enforceable report.
NCAT Preparation Documents We Require From Clients
- Contract or agreement between you and contractor/builder/other party
- Written description of relevant timeline
- Information regarding the defects
- Plans & specifications
- Have you discontinued the contract? On what basis?
- What stage is the work at?
- NCAT Orders/Court Notices
Talk To An Expert Building Consultant Today
Effective Building & Consultancy can assist you with a comprehensive Litigation NCAT Building Report for effective and fair outcomes. If you need your own expert witness to resolve an ongoing building dispute, don’t hesitate to contact us. Simply book online or give our friendly team a call to discuss your needs.