A high-standard builder isn’t just a contractor you call up at the last minute. Choosing a high-standard builder is an important matter.
After all, buying land and building a house is a risky undertaking that should set you up for long-term happiness and comfort. With such an important role in the project, your builder must be in complete synch with you to get the best outcome.
But, where do you start? Let’s go over some steps to help you narrow the choice down until you finally decide on your high-standard builder.
5 Steps to Decide on Your High-Standard Builder
1. Choose Our Land First
It’s easy to get excited about house designs and skip this step, but hold on a moment and ensure you have your ideal lot first.
The land is an important investment. It affects your quality of life and your home’s future resale value. If your lot is in a safe, friendly community with local amenities, access to transport and nearby employment hubs, you’ll find life more convenient. Prospective future home buyers will also be more interested in your property.
A high-standard builder can help you choose a house design that’s a good fit for any land shape or size. However, if you pick a house first, you might be restricted on what land it’ll fit on.
2. Create List of Home Builders
Not all builders are the same. Many have a specialty, such as building materials, aesthetic style, and so forth. Some building companies also offer optional extras like finance deals for first-time buyers.
Research local builders and create a list of all who’s a good fit for your needs. Think about the size of the house you want, your budget, and other extras, such as a certain level of energy efficiency, eco-friendly building materials, or a particular aesthetic.
- How to Find a High-Standard Builder. Visit hipages.com.au to find licensed builders. It’s still best to see and feel the home in person. If you want to research, click on Google and search local companies to examine their offerings. Your family members and friends may also have recommendations.
Seek builder recommendations from family, friends, or other professionals when creating a list.
3. Trim Down the List
The next step is to ask your builders good questions so you can shortlist some companies. Ask the following questions:
- Are they licensed? Uncertified builders could cause problems in the long run. If you want to confirm their registration, you can verify it to Master Builders of Australia or Housing Industry of Australia.
- Are they insured, and does your home come with a warranty? In Sydney, public liability insurance and home warranty insurance should be something that should be provided.
- How many homes have they built? More experienced builders will have a greater knowledge and extensive buying power, which could save you money.
Next, you can clear out whether your builder can meet the needs that you briefly spoke about. Other questions you can include are:
- Do they offer financial help?
- What are the costs involved?
- Do they allow customisation?
- Do they include landscaping?
- Will the contract include fixed costs or provisional sums (estimates)?
- Can they meet your preferred schedule?
4. Learn More About the High-Standard Builder You Are Eyeing For
If a builder is licensed, insured, and meets your expectations, you’re a winner. But remember, your house should support you for years, so it’s better to do more research.
Check through your checklist and do the following things:
- Check out display villages and chat with their representatives. You can learn more by walking around a display home or village and talk to the builder’s representatives. That way, you can see the final look, feel, and get an idea as to what the company will be like to work with. This is also another chance to ask questions.
- Look at online reviews. Most building companies have reviews on Google and social media, like Facebook. Their past clients could reveal hidden insights about the company you’re searching for. However, you should take online reviews with a grain of salt as some may be hyped or false. If in doubt, ask more questions. A high-standard builder will be happy to answer your questions.
5. Compare Prices
Get a quote from each of your chosen builders and examine their faces. Search for inclusions and exclusions so you can double-check you’ll get what you’ve asked for. After that, you can examine what prices are fixed.
After that, you can examine what prices are fixed and what estimates as provisional sums could end up costing you more down the track.
It’s also important to note that not because it’s cheaper would mean it’s better. If a certain quote is lower than others, examine whether there’s an error. Though it may be fine it doesn’t hurt to ask your builder questions.
Choose Effective Building & Consultancy High-Standard Builder for Your Land
When you’re ready to take the first step on your land purchasing and home building journey, choose Effective Building & Consultancy to help you. We have licensed builders who have developed hundreds of amazing homes across Sydney. We offer home warranty insurance and public liability insurance ensuring your service with us is at best.
Your comfort, convenience, and value are at the heart of our service. When it comes to hiring a high-standard builder who values site hygiene and safety, our team has it! Call us today at 02 9613 3353 for inquiries.